The climate crisis and spiralling inequality are connected. We need a big vision to transform our economy to take care of people and the planet.
We face big problems. We need big solutions.
- Pandemic profiteers are making off like bandits while frontline workers face racism and dangerous conditions for low pay.
- Housing costs are astronomical and people are finding it harder and harder to make ends meet.
- Trudeau’s Liberals are helping their rich friends in the corporate world and doing the absolute minimum for the rest of us.
Meanwhile, Canada is not acting on its insufficient climate targets, and spending billions on pipelines. We’re hurtling in the wrong direction. We need to act now.
We can recover from the pandemic with a Green New Deal.
A Green New Deal means:
- Creating hundreds of thousands of good jobs that repair our climate and protect our coast.
- Funding reliable and free-to-ride public transit from coast-to-coast.
- Building beautiful zero-emissions public and co-op housing that doesn’t cost the world.
- Investing in public health, education, and elder care - because these low-carbon jobs hold our communities together.
- Creating a thriving, democratic, and caring society for all.